You finally take out time for your girlfriend for a nice romantic dinner and just as the food arrives, you get a text from your best friend (AKA Bro AKA ‘Bhai’) that he’s ready with the pack of beers and the IPL match is in full swing. And then you try to make excuses to get out as soon as possible, because your beloved bro is waiting for you.
The thing you see here is pure bromance.The deep eternal love a guy has towards his friends . For how I like to see it, they come together and decide to form a bond stronger than anything. A bond so strong, that no girl can and will ever break it .
You might ignore the starting signs, but it would not be too difficult to notice your guy is in a bromance.
When do you know you or your guy is in pure bromance :
- You cancel you girlfriend’s birthday plans because you had to celebrate your best friend’s ‘belated’ birthday.
- You would rather go for a night movie with your ‘bro’ than a girl
- When your best friend is in town all you can talk about is him. When you meet your girlfriend ,all you can show her is your and his pictures together
- You hate your best friend’s girlfriend for no logical reason. The only reason you can give is ‘She changed him’
- When you have long conversations with your friend on the phone ,much longer than your mom or your girl
- When you buy a filthy expensive car but want your best friend to drive it first
- Whenever you see a new restaurant/joint ,the first thing you think is ‘ I should bring my bro here’
- You have future plans together –working in the same city ,get married on the same day blah blah (*pukes*)
This bromance has been getting over my head . Why do you even have to call each other ‘Bhai’ when you don’t even know the other guy? I am so glad the ladies around me do not have this kind of passion towards each other. I would have puked right then K
What do you think, on a scale on 1 to 10 how much bromance can you tolerate? And do you know any ways of breaking them up ;)