I don’t care if you are another 2016 hater, I am here to tell you that 2016 was a great year ( at least from where I am standing). Un...
I don’t care if you are another 2016 hater, I am here to tell you that 2016 was a great year (at least from where I am standing).
Unlike 2015, 2016 wasn’t spent going in and out of hospitals and it also wasn’t spent constantly looking at my bank account and wondering if I can make a living as a writer. So, all in all, it was an amazing year, probably one of the best years of my life.
A large part of the year was spent travelling and planning to travel, and I am so lucky for that, I just cannot express enough gratitude. I made a couple of trips to Goa, did a road trip through the ENTIRE Kerala, and ended the year in Sikkim. I might have been sick on New Year’s night, but I am not even going to complain.
For me, 2016 was about realizing that my dreams aren’t really that far-fetched and a little extra hard work can go a long. This was also the year I came to terms with the fact that nothing really matters until you have the right people along your side.
|Sunrise at Kanchanjunga. The scene was amazing, but wasn't worth getting up at 3.3am.|
Here are some of the things I realized in 2016
- Goa makes everything better
- My parents have finally learned to Google just to see what and where I write
- Sunsets never get old (On the other hand, sunrises are overrated)
- I am no longer scared of heights
- I need to read more books and watch less TV shows
- If you want your cousins to love you, just give them your Netflix/HotStar/Amazon Prime password (Yes, I have all of them and no you cannot judge me)
Going forward in this new year, I have no plans and no resolutions. I can feel a few waves forming around me, but I am just going to take things day by day.